Michael Berta is an instructional designer, technologist, and researcher with specialization areas including distance and blended learning. With over 15 years of experience in teaching, learning, distance education, enrollment, and operations, Dr. Berta provides a well rounded perspective to the higher education environment. Dr. Berta holds a BA in Organizational Psychology, MA in eEducation, and Ed.D. in Educational Leadership specializing in curriculum and instruction with specific research in distance education quality.
Areas of Research Interest:
- Distance Education Quality
- Distance Education Design and Delivery
- Distance Education Student and Faculty Support
- Instructional Technology Adoption
- New Faculty and Adjunct Faculty Development
- Mid-Career Faculty Burnout
- Formative Teaching Evaluation
Mike lives, works, and plays in Western New York state with his wife and children. In the off hours you can find him actively working in the community, enjoying a good hike, or celebrating with friends and family.