Mike Berta is a senior leader with 20 years of experience in connecting different constituents for the accomplishment strategic goals in higher education, corporate, non-profit organizations through technology, education, and innovation. Experience in technology, talent development, operations, finance, and policy.
Dr. Berta provides a well rounded perspective to organizational environments. He holds a BA in Organizational Psychology, MA in eEducation, and Ed.D. in Educational Leadership specializing in curriculum and instruction with specific research in distance education quality.
Areas of Research Interest:
- Technology and education
- Interdisciplinary curricula and program development
- Distance education
- Faculty and administrator development
- Mid-Career Faculty Burnout
- Formative Teaching Evaluation
Dr. Berta believes that education can benefit from formative and recurring evaluation and improvement. His current work focuses on the continual improvement of teaching and learning. This includes the following activities:
- Collaboration with varying constituencies
- Instructional design and technology consultation
- Distance education design, delivery, and quality
- Formative review of teaching
- Group Instructional Feedback Technique (sometimes called SGID)
- Peer review of teaching
- Student ratings of instruction
- Distance education faculty fellowship administration
- Faculty development
- New and Adjunct Faculty orientations
- Curricular mapping and review
- Technology and classroom design consultation
Outside of work and scholarship, you can find Mike enjoying time with his family. He enjoys a good hike and is currently tackling the Conservation Trail in New York State. Mike also enjoys tinkering with his amateur radio and he can be called at W2MYK. Not least, Mike enjoys celebrating life with friends and family at various year-round activities from canning foods to holiday parties.